If


Life version


If - Michael Nyman and Hilary Summers

Si
If

Si al sonido de un deseo
If at the sound of a wish

El sol del verano brillaría
The summer sun would shine

Y si sólo una sonrisa haría
And if just a smile would do

Para cepillar todas las nubes del cielo
To brush all the clouds from the sky

Si en un abrir y cerrar de ojos
If at the blink of an eye

Las hojas de otoño girarían
The autumn leaves would whirl

Y si pudieras suspirar un suspiro profundo
And if you could sigh a deep sigh

Para esparcirlos sobre la tierra
To scatter them over the earth

Parpadeo mis ojos
I'd blink my eyes

Y agitar mis brazos
And wave my arms

Desearía un deseo
I'd wish a wish

Para detener todo daño
To stop all harm

Si en la ola de una mano
If at the wave of a hand

Las nevadas de invierno comenzarían
The winter snows would start

Y si pudieras encender una vela
And if you could just light a candle

Para cambiar los sentimientos y el corazón de las personas
To change people's feelings and hearts

Yo susurraría amor
I'd whisper love

En todas las tierras
In every land

A todos los niños
To every child

Mujer y hombre
Woman and man

Eso es lo que haría
That's what I'd do

Si mis deseos se cumplieran
If my wishes would come true

Eso es lo que haría
That's what I'd do

Si mis deseos se cumplieran
If my wishes could come true

I know it doesn't make much sense to write an entry on my blog in english and setting two videos of the same song, one with subtitles in english and the other without, and then putting underneath the lyrics in english and spanish. But well, the first is the song from studio and the second is a life version that's impressive. The lyrics are for the people that can understand well english. This music really inspires me to unleash those six years I lived in England. I ended up loving in english, making love in english, becoming a father for the first time to an english baby, discussing in english, lying in english, dreaming in english.
So there's a part of my brain that became english and never translated back to spanish since I left England.
Sometimes I try to say something and the word doesn't come to me in spanish, but it comes in english. It's kind of frustrating and at the same time interesting to think that some meaning, thought, feelings were taken at that time by this foreign language to me, like a rapture.
Anyway, today has being a weird day. Not that I feel bad, or too good either, just strange. Like a "creep" (my favourite song of Radiohead), well a bit of a dark song for this entry, it will make for another one.
And this song of Michael Nyman, so beautiful, sang  by Hilary Summers with such incredible deepness, finishing with a so simple but marvellous lyrics, made me feel better, the melody and voice are kind of nostalgic, even slightly sad, but the lyrics gave me like a sense of hope. Everything I always wanted, to help others with my medical skills, my truthful and tender approach, my effort to share all the empathy I got, could have been perhaps better just blinking my eyes, waving my hands, smiling away, wishing a wish, lightening a candle, maybe I could make the wrongs right, stop all harm. Maybe my life wouldn't have been broken so many times in pieces.




 

Comentarios

Entradas populares